Once, when I lived with Justin in Bolivar, we left some food in containers in the fridge for a looooong time. We forgot about them for a couple weeks. After that we decided it would be too icky to clean them out. I think they stayed in the fridge for two or three months.
One day Justin and I were both in serious cleaning moods and decided it was time. We set a trash bag outside on the porch, filled the sink with hot water and a little bleach, and performed the cleaning relay-style. He handed me a container. I ran outside, popped the lid off, and spooned the contents into the trash bag. Then I ran back inside and Justin threw the container into the sink. We did this with everything in the fridge (about eight items, I believe).
It's not something I'm proud of, and I think I've learned my lesson. Also, I have a wife to make sure this never happens again.
All I can think of now are those dumb potatoes. I might never want to eat another potato for as long as a live...
ReplyDeleteIt makes me not want to eat potatoes too! Gee thanks Anna. I love potatoes.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you have me, Stephen, to remind you to throw out old food. Thankfully, we have not had an episode like the above in our apt here. The ants would be ALL over that!