Come, let us with our Lord arise,
our Lord who made both earth and skies,
who died to save the world he made
and rose triumphant from the dead;
he rose, the prince of life and peace,
and stamped the day forever his.
Happy Easter everybody!
Wife and I visited our prospective church this morning for their service. I played a violin solo during the offering, and we *gasp* sang in the choir! There was no choir special or anything, we just stood with the choir at the front during to singing. Yeah, we rocked the hymns.
After church we came home and made ourselves a delicious Easter meal! Check it out: ham, deviled eggs, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots, and rolls. MmmmmMmmm! Then we took an Easter lunch-induced nap. This evening we went to Columbus Avenue Baptist (a big church in town that we frequent) for the Mwangaza Children's Choir, an incredibly cute choir of kids from Uganda. We got there a little late (I'm pretty sure they changed the time and didn't tell us), but it was a fantastic concert. I learned that during foreign children's choir concerts, Wife sits on the edge of the pew, eyes wide, with a big grin on her face. Don't worry... we didn't steal any kiddos.
We came home, and had a delightful Sara Lee strawberry cheesecake and coffee while we watched Get Over It, an Easter classic (haha) with Kirsten Dunst, Ben Foster, and Martin Short. Funny flick.
We missed family, but got to talk with them on the phone. It was a good Easter.
What did you do?
Well, I went to church in morning and had a FABULOUS Resurrection celebration with the V-tas peeps. Rach and I headed back home to have lunch (BBQ Brisket & onion rings) w/ Dad. Then she and I did homework for the whole afternoon. It was comfy and lazy and productive. De....WAIT FOR IT!...lightful! Delightful!
ReplyDeleteWish I'd been able to see the children's choir (but I couldn't promise not to steal any of them).
BTW, Word Verification: LENTI. Seemed appropos. =)
ReplyDelete