Dear blog,
I wanted to let you in on a little secret. I have a new habit. A new personal trend, if you will.
Each evening while I blog, I open iTunes and play the theme from the old Doogie Howser television show. I pretend I am Doogie sitting down at my computer, typing out incidents from my day and reflecting upon my life. I even pause every few keystrokes to stare ponderously into nowhere. Then I nod my head with a slight laugh and a smirk and continue typing, this time a bit more resolutely.
Blog, I think you ought to know something. Though I enjoy my new habit, and my wife laughed the first five or six times, I may give it up after a few days. I'm too cheap to actually purchase the Doogie Howser theme from iTunes, so I have to pause my pretending every 30 seconds to play the sample clip again. It really derails my train of thought, which means I take much longer to write my post. Which means more Doogie Howser. Which means more pauses.
You see, Blog, it is a vicious cycle.
No comments:
Post a Comment