Working at a college textbook store sometimes makes me reminiscent of my own college days. I've been out for nearly a year now, and I'd like to take give an introspective retrospective perspective on my college memories.
What I miss:
-Hanging out with Justin, Kyle, and the guys that randomly came over to our apartment
-Late nights with pizza, soda, video games, and movies
-Being surrounded by music
-Having to stay organized (oh man I love organizing!)
-Working toward goals, both large and small
-Walking around outside
-Learning stuff
-Late-night Wal-mart trips
-The ability to shirk real-life responsibility with the excuse of being a college student
What I don't miss:
-Constant assignments
-Busy busy busy schedules
-Dramatic girls, err, people
-Changing dorms/apartments and roommates
-Packing up and moving every summer
-Crummy meals all the time
So, readers old and young, what do you miss or not miss about your college days?
First of all, you completely neglected one thing that you miss: planning and doing revival teams with your not-at-the-time SIL. Silly BIL....
ReplyDeleteI miss a lot....
* I miss playing in the fountain in the middle of the night
* The Maupin serenade
* Being a Memorial girl full-time (I mean, I'll always be a Memorial girl, but just not a "live-in" one)
* Drs. Bayer, Fuhrman, & Reeves
* Hanging out with Pam Ferguson. She's awesome.
* Revival teams
* Being WARM!!!!
* With that being warm: midnight swims at Pomme de Terre & Stockton, trips to the underwater bridge, cliff-jumping, midnight walks around BoMO
* Playing stupid games in the library
* The Daily Grind
* Alliance Christian Fellowship
* Theatre
* Homecoming
* Being in such close proximity to all my friends all at once
* Driving the 45 minutes to a $2 movie
* Sonic
* Sherri's Shaved Ice
* Cheering for crappy Bearcat football
* Playing for the Red Hot Chiquita Mamas
* Pulling all-nighters and then being able to make it through the whole next day of class
* Dating =)
I do not miss:
* Homework (oh wait.....)
* Stupid drama
* People moving away every semester
* Bugs (Missouri has a LOT of them)
* Dating
All-in-all, I'd say I'm like the girl in Avenue Q: I wish I could go back to college... =)
Things I miss:
ReplyDelete1. Having friend around all the time.
2. Having the option to go eat at the cafeteria (even though it wasn't always the best)
3. Free cable
4. Being able to stay up late and not care
5. Being responsible, yet not an adult completely
6. Playing badminton in the apartment living room with my roommates
7. The extraordinarly nice exercise facilities. I was so spoiled by those...
Things I don't miss
1. Roommate drama
2. Room checks
3. Dorm checkouts for the summer
4. Moving all my belongings. A lot.
5. Homework (even though I'm still doing it for grad school)
6. The shoddy internet in the dorms/apartments
7. Working out a shower schedule every night with the roommates
8. Buying my own food (at least for the time being since I'm back at home)
9. Working concerts for the music department
I'm sure both lists could go on... and on... But I'll stop myself here. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane-- even though it wasn't that long ago!